Cross Banner

Welcome,
Thanks for stopping by, Please be sure to comment on a post or two while you're here. If you're in Empire Ave. My ticker Number is STSEA comment on my blog and leave yours, I'll be sure to do the same. You might also want to check out a few of my other blogs.
Thanks very much folks!

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

New Works In Ceramics, Great Christmas Gifts

New Works:

Love Birds Luminary
When snow falls deep and fat in January, i give myself time to experiment. I’m trying out some new glazes, and this one above, Rust, has some great possibilities. It has that organic woodland feel that I have been pursuing the last few years.

Birds Nest casserole
I also reformulated my cobalt blue glaze, made it more opaque, and lighter. Here it is on a casserole.

Bird Yunomi
And here it is on a tea bowl (yunomi),
under Flow (a glaze that creates fluid flowing).
Here’s another glaze I plan to use this year: Root Beer Brown

Bee Yunomi
I’m working on a few new designs, too. Today I made a few soap holders, which will have doves, ravens and owls. It’s important for me to take this time to work without a rigid schedule. Some days I've just read and not worked in the studio at all. It feels so luxurious! November and December were 80 hour work weeks so this is a nice balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let Your Voice Be Heard