Cross Banner

Welcome,
Thanks for stopping by, Please be sure to comment on a post or two while you're here. If you're in Empire Ave. My ticker Number is STSEA comment on my blog and leave yours, I'll be sure to do the same. You might also want to check out a few of my other blogs.
Thanks very much folks!

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Happiness Is

   One afternoon I was sitting in my favorite chair, occupying my hands with my favorite past time of beading and creating wearable art.  I normally have the TV on when I sit and bead, not because I am really paying attention to it, but just to have something to break the silence.  Then, the movie that was playing suddenly caught my attention.  One of the actors said "Happiness is nothing more than having something to look forward to".   Interesting. Profound. Truth? I thought about that for a long time.
   Having spent the last few years with numerous surgeries and a head injury from an auto accident, having no choice but to sell my occupational love, my bead and jewelry store,  I really hadn't had much to look forward to for the past few years except more sugeries and more physical therapy.  Selling my bead store broke my heart, and perhaps a little of my will, ok, well, perhaps alot.  
    Ummm....  "Happiness Is Nothing More Than Having Something To Look Forward To."  Wow! How simple is that!  Is being happy that easy?  Is this what I'd been missing?  Perhaps it is!  Maybe I should try this and see where it leads.  That was a few months ago, and as I've thought about it and watched for it, and on Thursdays when I am looking forward to my friends coming over for our beading night, I did seem happier. 
    It is with this simple phrase in mind that I have decided to try to augment my recovery with a little injection of having something to look forward to.  So what can I do that will give me a way to look forward to something.  I'm laughing right now because that last sentence seems pretty funny.   What can I do that will give me something to look forward to?  It shouldn't be that hard.  But I need it to be something natural, something that I'm not scheduling myself, because I know me, and that wouldn't work.  I need something with some short term looking forward to's,  and then something with some longer, farther out there looking forward to's.  Something I can sink my teeth into, and see some immediate results, but (there's always a but ) at the same time something that will be repetitive so I won't quit in three months or six months, something self-sustaining so to speak.  Then it came to me. 

Holidays.

Ok, I'm tired now and so that's all I'm going to write today, I'll post more tomorrow as I'm still forming what and how this is going to look and be in my mind.

But I think I'm on the right track now, and I'll see where this is going to lead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let Your Voice Be Heard